SEAL -SEniors Learning Value is aimed to emerge the know-how represented by senior workers with a very advanced levels of technical competences, useful to facilitate and make stronger the processes of learning at work. aimed at designing and experimenting, with new methods, the recruitment and training of trainers and mentors among senior workers, who can thus develop skills and competences according to a personalised learning pathway and act as a learning facilitator with potential empowered functions in peer and informal learning processes in SME-Small & Medium-sized Enterprises- and in Feedback Loop Systems .
The SEAL project is aimed to emerge the know-how represented by senior workers with very advanced levels of technical competences, which can be useful to facilitate and strengthen the processes of learning at work.
The project will provide for:
1) the definition of a European framework of competences for the Senior Learning Facilitator (SLF)
2) the SEAL elearning Platform containing tools for self-assessment of the Senior Learning Facilitator skills and competences, a collect of didactic contributions to the improvement of SLF’s training, guidancetools for the activation of in-company learning pathways able to attract young talents
3) Pilot activities of training and activation of learning pathways for 80 senior workers. Pilot activities of skills assessment and certification for (80+20) 100 SLF
4) National Action Plans for taking charge of project results in training systems, validation and certification of competences, to introduce the role of the SLF in the processes of cooperation between companies and VET Providers
5) Roadmap for the transnational sustainability of the SLF profile in the processes of co-design of learning processes between Companies and VET Providers
The Project will lead to the definition of the professional profile of Senior Learning Facilitator, spendable both in the organization of origin (e.g. in SMES for apprenticeship training or continuous training in a company) and in other contexts or systems that use work-based learning approaches (VET Provider, Territorial Research Centres, Competence Centres, etc.).